StudentsReview :: The University of Maryland - College Park - Extra Detail about the Comment

University of Delaware -- Newark, DE

Friendly, Arrogant, Snooty

D-
Faculty Accessibility
A
She cares more about Surrounding City than the average student.
Date: Feb 12 2005
Major: Social Work (This Major's Salary over time)
I graduated this past December with my Bachelor's in Family Studies, because I was told at orientation that I had too many transfer credits to enter into the Elementary Education program. I chose this school because of the education program, so being told I needed to "pick another major" left a sour taste in my mouth about the school. I finished the Family Studies program and am now enrolled in a master's program for elementary ed. Overall, College Park is a pretty good school. The campus is large and I felt very anonymous, but I didn't make that much of an effort to get involved. Parking can be a nightmare, and it can take half an hour to drive across campus in between classes (beware - people will walk right in front of your car). Good classes fill up very quickly. On the upside, I had some fantastic professors who I learned a great deal from and really enjoyed listening to. The Family Studies faculty was excellent as well and really believed in what they were teaching. I am fairly neutral about this school. I am pleased with the education I got, but would probably have picked a smaller school if I had the chance to do it all over again.
The University of Maryland - College Park